Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Building excitement

Hi run buds
I am getting quite excited about the Noosa Half Marathon this weekend!  Going up with three girlfriends and we have an apartment for the weekend, near the beach, with a pool!  Yippee, sleep over!  One of my beginner runners is going to run her very first 10km event so we are all behind her 110%.  I am really looking forward to screaming cheers of encouragement and shaking my pompoms as she crosses the finish line.  Meanwhile, training is going pretty well. Last Sunday's 27km was HARD work though, as can be expected at the tail end of a cold.  Amazingly though, I pulled one out of the bag for training on Tuesday and did a 2km rep in 9mins 48secs or something. I was On Fire! Then the sizzle disappeared and I was back to "normal".  I found this interesting article about marathon training that I thought I would share with you all.  I think it's a good thing to cut out and stick on the wall, for those days when you wonder how you will do it.
11 Keys for a Successful Marathon Journey Active.com
Next event on the calendar is the Queensland Marathon Doomben 10,000 event on 5 June and, just because I am Full of Myself, I am posting my result from last year.  It remains my best ever 10km time and I don't know How, When or If I will ever top this time. It was sensational!  I even won a bronze medal in my age category!! 
http://results.au.eventdirector.net/View.asp?EventID=4065&Bib=1646
Meanwhile, I am dreaming of my ultimate running shoes.  I am convinced that the more colourful the shoe, the faster you run.  What do you think? 

See this little stone truck?  It's a kooky little sculpture in a park at New Farm that we run by when we do our long runs. I look forward to seeing it now.  It's kind of ... comforting. Especially on the way home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment