Saturday, May 14, 2011

Greetings from Blobsville


Hey fellow run fans!  Well, unlike my friend Marathon Mal, I have had a total Blob Out this week.  Last Sunday's run wreaked havoc on my body in the form of a cold.  I felt totally rubbish, so did not go to speed training on Tuesday.  Thursday morning mum was having surgery so I had to get her to the hospital by 6am and bingo!  No training has been done.  However, this morning I had my beginner run group, for the first time in three Saturdays, and I must say that I missed them all.  It was really great to be back there with them today and we had a really pleasant run of 9kms to the Botanic Gardens and back.  I was telling some of them about this video, which I know has NOTHING to do with running, but it's so hysterical.  I showed it to mum today in hospital and it hurt her tummy so bad she had to press her pain pump! In my usual, possibly irritating manner, I had to snap a photo of them all and here it is!  Who would have thought I would get such a kick out of coaching, but I really DO love it.  I guess I just love helping other people enjoy running as much as I do.  Bed time now because tomorrow morning is 30kms.  Big question - can I do it without falling in a heap?  And it's so cold at 5.30am!! Eeeek!  Though I do have to remember that it could be a whole lot worse.  Winter in Brisbane is nowhere near as traumatic as winter in Melbourne, Hobart or London so just shut up Giddy Up and run!  Speaking of which, I have raised $665 on my Everyday Hero page.  Yippeeeeeeee!  Thanks everyone for your support :o) 

Saturday Run Stars 

No comments:

Post a Comment