Monday, May 30, 2011

Scottish inspiration

Readers and fellow runners, I am officially TRASHED this morning. I am sitting here feeling my pains (bum cheek, leg, hip...) after 7 x 1km reps at my 10km race pace (5:15) with 1km recoveries. Check my addition, but doesn't that add up to 14kms, not counting my warm up and warm down?  All before brekky and work!  Arrrrggghhh. And of course, being winter, by the time I got to the shower, I was absolutely chilled to the bone and couldn't stop shivering.  So, basically, this morning combined with Sunday's 30km has left me full of misery and in full whinge mode.  However, in between the leaping out of bed, the reps and the hot, hot shower I managed to read about a truly inspiring young man called Stuart Rose who is running his first marathon, the Loch Ness Marathon on 21 October.  The thing that I like about young Stu is that he has multiple sclerosis and despite the difficulties of this, he is going to take on this challenge.  He is fund-raising for MS while doing it and reading his blurb on his fundraising page was enough to make me look deeply into my soul and realise that I need to stop my whingeing and moaning.  If Stu can do it, so can I!  I suggest you all take a peek at the page.  You don't need to donate.  Just read how amazing this guy is and find yourself inspired.  Go Stu, go!! You are a real champ and I wish you were running with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment