Monday, July 11, 2011

Recovering

This morning was our speed session.  The first one since the marathon.  It was really difficult.  I felt like a person who has never run in her life!  I really struggled and found myself wondering how on earth I've ever run 42.2kms and indeed, how on earth I might run the Sydney Half Marathon in September.  I felt like I was just about ready to enter a rehab unit…  Talking to some of my running buddies made me realise that I am possibly experiencing a mild form of PMS (Post Marathon Syndrome).  While I have not exactly been FLAT over the past week, I have felt a little underwhelmed by my achievement.  I have found myself wishing my time had been better or thinking that if I can run a marathon, it can't actually be that difficult.  I know these feelings are wrong but they are there, nevertheless.  I am not feeling like I have done an Incredible Thing, which is a shame.  When will I feel it?  Hmmm…  This morning was absolutely freezing cold and it was quite difficult to drag myself out of bed and off to training, in the cold, misty dark now that I do not have a specific event in my future.  It's made me realise how important it is to have a running goal so I need to get that sorted out pronto also.  The worst news of all is that it seems The Sacred InTraining PomPoms have gone missing, since the marathon!  Woe is me.  I can't function without them (ha, ha).  We are all hoping some, as yet unnamed person, has picked them up and is planning to drop them back to the shop soon.  I can't lose the faith re the pompoms.  I can't!

No comments:

Post a Comment