Friday, July 1, 2011

Just one more wafer thin morsel...

The famous line from Monty Python's "Meaning of Life" (I think?)is pretty well summing up how I am feeling just about now. The thought of any food at all is making me feel sick. All I have eaten for the past 2.5 days is carbs, carbs, carbs & I NEVER want to eat another jelly snake or slice of bread with Nutella again. Carb loading in fact, strikes me as the perfect solution to kicking a bad eating habit. All I want right now is a crunchy apple or a passionfruit or slice of pawpaw. Even chocolate is making my toes curl. I also have a constant dull headache, I feel really, really tired and best of all.... I have a sore throat! As you can imagine, I am in a particularly "special" place right now. However, I have distracted myself very well this morning, watching my beginner runners doing their 10km event. Fiona actually completed her Very First Ever 10km run, full stop. Shihoko, Michelle & Lauren all ran really well, getting PBs all over the place! I am so proud of them all! So, now I am exhausted & am just spending some quiet time, blogging & reading. I have just about worn myself out with all my anxiety & excitement and I really need to preserve myself. This time in 24 hours, I will have finished. JUST finished. Can you believe it has finally arrived? Eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk!!!! :o).

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow! Your hard work will pay off--have fun with it!
    Robyn in TX

    ReplyDelete