Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Are grapes considered carbs?

Hi runners!  I am gobbling grapes as I sit here typing.  Day One of my carb-load fest and my buddy Mal very kindly shared some good information from the Australian Institute of Sport that I had forgotten about.  the format will help me get my head around this and prevent me from gorging myself willy-nilly I think.  Considering I am the same weight as the example given, I am really not sure how I am going to manage to find room for three cups of cereal at breakfast!  Usually I eat 1/3 cup....  My Texas pal Jenny is possibly feeling a bit anxious about my gorging myself on jam donuts too.  She expressed a desire to be here to control me - and I WISH she was here!!  However, I am managing very well with all the wonderful support I am receiving from Spud and all my friends.  Really, I just want to sit back and revel in the golden glow of this prior to the big run.  How lovely it feels!  Now, the prime reason for this post today is to amaze you all with information about previous Gold Coast Marathon Record Holders.  I have just been stunned by the though of Robert Horman running a marathon in 4:34:55 - in the age category of 85 - 89 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Or Shirley Young (70 - 74 years) finishing her Marathon in 4:10:04, a time I will be very happy to achieve this year, at the ripe old age of 47.  Incredible.  I am sure I will have thoughts of these people as I run along the Queensland coast on Sunday morning.  Please let it be sunny and cool.  This morning's last short training run was distinctly humid and that is never too much fun, is it?

Look at this magnificent cake my lovely friend LF made for me!  And perfect for carb loading too - I had two pieces (oink, oink!).  I am so touched....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what the hell, Jen. Eat a dadgum Jam Donut!

    ReplyDelete