Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The CityCat cop out

This Sunday I resorted to the CityCat "rescue service".  Yep, for the first time in my six year running history, I resorted to the CityCat.  It was humbling.  But I had a pretty good excuse!
I set off with team InTraining for our long run from the shop and set my mind to run with my buddies from last week's run, Natalie and Tiffany. However, for some reason they were "too slow for me".  MISTAKE NUMBER ONE!!  They weren't too slow - I was just running too fast.  It was a truly scenic run.  We ran from Milton along the river, through the City Botanic Gardens, around Riverside and across the Story Bridge.  Then along Kangaroo Point Cliffs, through South Bank, back across the Go Between Bridge, along Coronation Drive, through the back streets of St Lucia (getting tired yet?), to the University of Queensland rowing sheds, and.... Time to Bail!  I was in a world of pain.  My back has not really been right since our overseas trip and probably all those hours of flying haven't helped but I certainly didn't want to make it worse by forcing myself through the last 6km of the run.  However, I can't stop wondering whether I'd have lasted longer if I'd stuck with the girls....  Foolish me! 
Here I am with Tiffany at Kangaroo Point.  I have re-jigged the Marathon School program to fit my marathon and luckily I am only up for 10km this weekend so that's a bit of a relief!  I have made my physio appointment with Rosie at Peter Dornan Physiotherapy so she will sort me out and set me on my path to glory! I think regular exercises and strengthening through my middle will help me a whole lot.  So, a pretty boring post this week I'm afraid because I don't have anything much to be proud of... 

No comments:

Post a Comment