Saturday, June 11, 2011

Conquering mountains

Hi readers & fellow runners!
Today I ran THIRTY-FIVE kilometres, without stopping (really…. except to drink).  In fact, apparently it was a bit more than 35kms.  That is 21.7 miles.  I am banging on about it because I am really proud of myself and I think I am amazing.  There, I said it.  It is the most stupendous physical accomplishment of my 47.75 years of life and I still can't really believe I did it.   It has been a godsend for boosting my confidence with only three weeks to go until this marathon.  However, I felt GOOD when I finished and I feel very sure I will be able to squeeze out another 7.2kms to complete the marathon on 3 July.   Admittedly, this afternoon I feel a bit sick and a bit fatigued and a bit sore but all those things can be easily rectified with Panadol, chocolate brownies, water, a sleep etc.  
Here's another little something to think about…
Magic is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, 
you can make anything happen.
Goethe

2 comments:

  1. Jen--CONGRATS! Our mutual friend J. Ahearn sent me the link to your blog last month, and I check in periodically. The fact that you ran 35K AND don't feel too bad is fantastic! Love reading about your journey. Good luck on July 3!
    Robyn in Austin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Jen! Not long until you can eat all the brownies you want :-) Can I suggest they be warmed up and served with cream and ice-cream!

    ReplyDelete