Friday, June 10, 2011

I am prompted to blog this post today following my recent consumption of a big old pickled gherkin, followed by a slice of bread with Nutella. The dietary quirks associated with a bit of "carb loading" make me, again, contemplate the similarities between running a marathon and having a baby - I THINK! Of course, I've never had a baby so can't be 100% sure about this but I know plenty of people who have. The emotionally charged, physically draining build up to The Big Event. The agonising pain we endure in an effort to cross the finish line. The hobble home, t-shirts and medals in hand. The vow never to repeat it ... until the pain has settled & the endorphins kick in. Does it sound familiar? On that nite, time for a slice of home-made brownie and more Endura - and bring on that "false labor" (35kms tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment