Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Monday morning everyone!  Just think, this time in TWO WEEKS we will all be champs!  The Marathon will be over!  I can't believe it's only 13 days really.  With that in mind, I have stumbled upon this inspirational little video that I thought you would enjoy too.
Yesterday, we did a 10km "predictor" event. I ran 52:56 which is my third best ever time so I am pretty chuffed.  I think it means I will come in at about 4hrs 10mins.  Hmmm….. Now THAT would be nice!  Imagine!!  I will tell you for sure in two weeks if all these predictors have been correct!   Following our run, InTraining put on a Marathon School breakfast at 16th on Park and it was delicious - and a fun way to catch up with everyone.  

My wonderful, lovely coach, Linda, with Steve & Sean (who are pretty lovely too! Ha!)

Two of my Marathon Pre-Schoolers, John & Larissa, who are running REALLY well!



These two men, Simon & Doc, are responsible for my two best ever 1/2 marathon times.  Thanks boys!  Next time, I should try to get a good time all by myself….  Shame is that I am totally undisciplined!

Speaking of InTraining, somehow I have ended up on the committee and even more amazingly, I have been unanimously elected head of the "promotions and PR" sub-committee!  Ha, ha, ha!  Gulp.  Okay, so first job was to arrange for more black, red & white pompoms for the cheer squad.  These are coming from the delightful team at PomPom Promotions in Sydney.  We will be quite a force of action and encouragement at the InTraining tent, just near the finish line, and from what I hear, last year the sight of those pompoms was enough to give our runners just a tiny burst of juice to get them home.  We only had six then, so we will be much more "obnoxious" (!!) this year!!  Time to get ready for work.  Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment