Friday, June 24, 2011

Tick, tock, tick, tock....

That's the sound of the clock counting down the days, hours, minutes until The Big Day!  This time in one week I will be on the Gold Coast, cheering on my "Run 10 With Jen" beginner runners after doing their 10km event.  I will also be busy chowing down on carbs and trying not to have too many "butterfly attacks".  Big call.  I am so excited that my stomach is flip flopping constantly.  I have come down to Mullumbimby this weekend for a family reunion and that is working quite well to distract me from running.  I've bought my running gear, anticipating a run but somehow it has yet to happen.  To be honest, my right knee has been quite painful today.  My low back is hurting too.  Basically, every niggle I have had for the past few months seems to be rearing its head right now. I am just staying CALM because it's all anticipatory and it will all be fine on the day.  I am sure it's normal to feel this way one week prior to the biggest physical challenge of one's life.  Maybe it's like contractions?  I have written my list of stuff to pack and I think I am set for beds - one night with Shihoko on her sofa and another night with Skye.  I am taking a sleeping bag, just in case. I mean, let's not forget Noosa and the lack of non-moth eaten blankets shall we?  

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one hurting. One week to go, one week to go. Please don't do this, but a very easy way to take your mind off the big day is to get the flu! One week to go....

    ReplyDelete