Saturday, June 25, 2011

Making like "Chariots of Fire"

Hi fellow anticipatory runners!  Oooo, my butt cheek is hurting ++ today.  I have taken Nurofen twice already and been doing some stretches. I hope this settles very soon. It is totally SI joint discomfort, I am sure.  I have a visit with Superior Sports Massage this week (Kay Shepherd, sports masseuse - to the stars) and with Greg at Access Natural Health for some shiatsu.  Do I sound like I am in panic mode?  Hmmmm…  I may well be.  My butt cheek hasn't really hurt this much for quite some time. I would prefer it was not an issue.  On a cheerier note, this weekend I was down the coast with family so was unable to do the regular run from InTraining this morning.  Instead, I took myself off to Brunswick Heads beach at 7am (same time as the start gun goes off next week) and ran 5kms on the firm sand, towards Byron Bay.  It was glorious. It was Runner's Nirvana - all that gorgeous beach, crashing waves, the prospect of spotting a migrating pregnant whale (I didn't), the birds, the seashells and me.  How lucky am I?  Here are some photos.






I will write more soon, you can be sure of that!  I am so excited that I will have trouble stopping myself from blathering on about it.  I will collect my race number on Tuesday and then I think I need to start "laying stuff out on the spare bed" (!) before packing.  I've written a list….  Do you see a pattern developing?  Have started dreaming of Byron Bay organic donuts too, to psychologically prepare myself for carb loading, of course!  

1 comment:

  1. Why are we doing this again? I'm hurting too! Your photos remind me of why we run at least.

    ReplyDelete